Eva, a partnership between AlfaPeople UK LTD and Verita Consultancy LTD is committed to protecting the personal data that you share. Ensuring that we keep data safe is not only a legal requirement but is an important responsibility we owe to our clients and members of the public that we work with. This policy describes how we collect and use data in Verita.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person (this could include an email address, phone number, title, name, house address, bank details, credit card number). When collecting and using personal data, we will be transparent about why and how we process the data. Your personal data is processed by us only in accordance with the provisions of German data privacy laws and the European Data Protection Regulation EU (2016/679).
On occasion we may hold sensitive personal data (also known as “special category data”). That may include information relating to race, sexual orientation, politics, religion or health. We will take additional steps to ensure the security of such data.
At Eva, we will ensure that we have a lawful basis for the data that we hold. For data relating to investigations there are several lawful reasons for holding data, which include:
- Consent – in many cases the consent of the person whose data it is will be the best way of demonstrating a lawful basis. We will therefore ensure that we have the necessary consent in place for holding data. For example, when we conduct interviews we will make clear to interviewees (both through the Guide to Interviewees and by telling them at interview) why we are recording the interview and what we will do with the recordings and transcripts.
- Contract – using data to fulfil our contract with our client. Our standard terms and conditions make clear how we will use data.
- Public task – where we are carrying out work for a public authority our basis for holding data may be to support a function of a public body.
We will review the non-project related data we hold (e.g. for marketing and HR) to ensure that we only hold data lawfully and to the extent which is necessary.
Security of Data
The security of the data that we hold is important. All data provided will be collected electrony and held in the Microsoft Cloud Server to ensure that the methods that we use to secure data meet industry standards.
- Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for this contractual relationship (inventory data) in terms of its establishment, organization of content and modifications, are used exclusively for fulfilling the contract. For goods to be delivered, for instance, your name and address must be relayed to the supplier of the goods.
- Without your explicit consent or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties outside the scope of fulfilling this contract. After completion of the contract, your data are blocked against further use. After expiry of deadlines as per tax-related and commercial regulations, these data are deleted unless you have expressly consented to their further use.
- You can prevent storage of cookies by choosing a “disable cookies” option in your browser settings. But this can limit the functionality of our Internet offers as a result. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or looking at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Web analysis with Google Analytics
We use social plugins from LinkedIn, operated by LinkedIn Headquarters 2029 Stierlin Ct. Ste. 200 Mountain View, CA 94043.
Details of the information collected by LinkedIn can be found at the link: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Details of the cookies setup by LinkedIn are at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
Social plug-ins from Twitter
Changes to this Disclaimer
International Transfer of Data
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Sites or disclosing information to us you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country or the country in which you were located when you initially provided the information.
You have the right to free-of-charge information about your stored data, and possibly entitlement to correction, blocking or deletion of such data.
Please make any inquiries to the following email [email protected]
Effective Date November 1, 2018.
Revision Date November 1, 2019